Top 10 tips to help you maximize Prime Day earningsPrime
Top 10 tips to help you maximize Prime Day earnings
Prime Day is right around the corner—and it could be one of your biggest earning opportunities of the year. Use these tips to delight your readers, and reap the rewards on Prime Day.
Plan and prepare
1. Create a Prime Day Hub. Create a single page with all your Prime Day recommendations. Include a description of Prime Day and your favorite promotions and deals. Whenever you post content about Prime Day, be sure to drive traffic to your Hub to maximize your earnings.
2. Promote Amazon Prime membership. Your audience will need an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of all Prime Day deals, so promoting Prime should be a key part of your prep strategy now. Remember, you earn a $3 bounty (fixed commission) with every free trial sign-up.
3. Set up notifications to get the latest deals. Prime Day will feature more than two million deals globally, and they move fast. Set up notifications on the Amazon mobile app and quickly add links to the products you know your readers will love in your recommendations. Or just ask Alexa, “Keep me updated on Prime Day.”
4. Identify your audience’s interests in advance. Review past events, promotions, and deals to identify what your audience will love. Consider trending categories like devices, toys, beauty, home and services like Prime Video. Check out your audience purchases on Amazon in your earnings report on Associates Central. Don’t forget to head over to Idea Hub to browse customer most loved, best sellers, bounties and real-time deals.
Leading up to Prime Day (June 1 at 10 PM PDT to June 20 at 11:59 PM PDT)
5. Build a social buzz around your Prime Day Hub early. Keep a regular cadence to build excitement and highlight key details leading up to the event. Remember that once readers click on your links to Amazon, you earn for any qualifying purchases they add to their carts within 24 hours and purchase within 89 days.
6. Build an opt-in Prime Day email list. Send reminders and real-time updates to your audience leading up to Prime Day. Don’t forget to add the link to your Prime Day Hub page as well.
7. Support small businesses. In the U.S., Japan, and select European countries, Prime Members who spend $10 on qualified products on Amazon Storefronts between June 7 and 20 2021, will earn a $10 credit to spend on Prime Day. When alerting your audience of this promotion, be sure to note that this is an exclusive offer only for Prime Members and that restrictions apply.
The big event, June 21 and 22 (June 21 at 12:01 AM PDT through June 22 at 11:59 PM PDT)
8. Reach out early. Start each morning of Prime Day with outreach to your readers via social media and email to direct them to your Prime Day Hub for valuable Prime Day deals and promotions.
9. Check Idea Hub and look for the Prime Day Deal Picks image for our top Prime Day recommendations. These deals are handpicked to make it easier for you to get the latest updates on trending deals that customers love. The deal picks are updated hourly, so make sure you visit Idea Hub throughout the day. You can also check the Prime Day page on Amazon throughout the day for live deals and content that will keep your audience excited.
10. Send updates throughout the event. Use email and social media to send real-time updates about incredible savings and deep discounts on over 2 million deals worldwide. Just remember that affiliate links should not be posted in any paid social ads or in email, so make sure to link to your site or your Hub instead.For details about this year's Prime Day, check out Amazon’s official press releases and start using these tips to make Prime Day 2021 your top-earning event.